We have a week to go before we leave on our trip. Today was the day I had earmarked for packing my knitting projects. I had decided a while ago that I am going to dedicate my knitting on this trip to getting more WIPs done, so the majority of what I have packed is just that. (Hmm, now that I look at the picture, maybe th majority isn’t that! LOL). But I am almost as excited about the knitting that I’ve packed as I am about just getting on the road! So here’s what I’ve packed.
1. Las Cruces Sweater – this should be a fast knit with a fun construction. I’m thinking I can get this done in a week.
2. Boxy – I have barely begun this, so lots of knitting left to do! I am using the Sphinx Moth colorway that JulieSpins dyed for me.
3. Persian Dreams Afghan – yeah, this isn’t anywhere near being done! Lol
4. Laura Nelkin’s next KAL is starting on June 15. I have her kit for that all ready to go. Oh, that reminds me – I need to pack the needles!
5. Cashmere Love Cowl – I got the yarn for this a week ago, but have been restraining myself from starting this until we’re on the road. I can’t wait!
6. Synthesis – another Laura Nelkin MKAL. I’m about 3/4 of the way through Clue 4. Clue 5 is the edging with placed beads. I understand this takes a while, but I’m hoping to have it done within a week.
7. A brioche cowl I’m making for a friend. About halfway done with this. This will get finished fairly quickly as well.
8, 9 and 10 – as you can see these are all new projects – ones that have been on my mind for a while. I here we have the Novus Jacket in Berocco Espresso, a mesh top Berocco Versa, and Sea Foam in Anzula Cricket. Sea Foam is going to be my knit along at the store when I get back, so I won’t start on that one until we’re heading home. I promise I won’t work on the other ones, either, until I get some of the first ones finished. Hmm, I think there’s something else in the bag, too, but I can’t remember what. Lol.
The little bag I didn’t number holds all of my notions and cables for my needles.
So, wish me luck on getting these WIPs finished! Stay tuned!